Let's prevent fraud together
At Moneydart, we take a lot of precautions to manage fraud and ensure that your information is absolutely safe. This includes stringent data management processes & systems, using the latest fraud management tools, constant audits etc.
However, to ensure that your experience with us is always safe, we need you to also follow some basic fraud management tips, which would help safeguard your information.
Protect yourself. Be careful. Few things you should keep your eyes open for, include:
If an unknown relative suddenly sends you a request to send money because he/she is in an emergency, please ignore it. Fraudsters are constantly looking to exploit such situations to get your money.
Scam Lotteries & Sweepstakes
you haven't participated in one. So if you get an email asking you to deposit money to claim your lottery, please delete the mail right away. It's definitely a scam.
Fraudsters are constantly looking for your confidential information including passwords, account details, etc. Make sure you don't respond to any email request for your password etc. because we will never ask for it. Also, look out for suspicious signs like bad spelling, mass emails not personally addressed to you, broken images, odd-looking URLs etc. before clicking on any link.
Did you come across someone in a chat room or e-mail, who showed interest in you and is at a distant location? Did they want to meet you and asked you to sponsor his/her travel and for further financial help. This may sound like a romantic fairy tale but this can be a potential scam. Do not send any money as it can never be recovered and you will be at a loss.
Other tips you should follow
- Always logout from your account if you are using a shared machine
- Try and use a different password from what you use on other sites
- Choose a strong password with a combination of special characters, numbers etc. and don't use something that would be obvious to crack
- Try and change your password every few months
- Make sure the secure pages have 'https' in the URL
- Keep checking your bank statement periodically for any random unauthorized debits. Also, make sure you register for your Bank's email and text alerts for every transaction on your account
So let's work together to have a fraud free experience. In case you notice any suspicious activity, do notify us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com